Silver Moon

In the arms with you,
my eyes are turned skyward.
Its so beautiful seeing the stars dancing,
and the silver moon glistening so brightly.
It reminds me of home.
I ask you,
if I close my eyes;
"Will you be here when I wake?"
You nod a yes, and kiss me on the cheek.
You say, "Ill always be here when you wake."
You take away the pain and leave light,
there's never a shadow to strangle me;
there's only you sense I came running to you,
there's only love to no end or sight.
Did you know,
"God, I love you just as you love me?"
Without you there is no tomorrow,
there is no cede in tears when you seem far away.
And that's why I look skyward, because;
I know everything's going to be okay.

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:40 am
Just when I thought "silver Moon" was your best work so far, this one pops up. You never fail to impress~

SuNshiNe007 replied...
Feb. 27, 2012 at 7:47 am
Awe, really? Thanks so much beautifulspirit:) You just made my day!

LilZo11 replied...
wow you are really talented you should stick with writing. ive been working on writing a book, its a collection of every single poem i write in highskool starting from the summer of last year to the end of 2015 when i graduate it hasnt even been a whole year and its so long but i found that when i compare my most recent to my 1st poems iv improved exponentially so keep writing and see how much you improve and get better and better

LilZo11 replied...

LilZo11 replied...
wow dont know why that posted twice sorry

SuNshiNe007 replied...
Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:17 am
Awsome thanks so much!:) And thats ok, my comments post twice sometimes too..And you dont have to worry about me quitting writting;) Thats not an option or a road I plan to take. Ill always write!

Brokenness_is_Beautiful replied...
This is a really good poem. I've just recently accepted God into my life and I'm still struggling but I now know He will always be there...even when I don't know! Great job, you're a great poet and inspire people with your words!

SuNshiNe007 replied...
Wow thats awsome and thanks so much! :)