The Monstrosity: Fame

Why must we fall to it?
The consuming monster inhabiting our greedy minds.
Why must our hearts desire it so?
It shall not return what we give,
It feels no shame, has no guilt.
Why does it draw our souls in?
Like a spider catching its prey on a sticky web.
It feels no remorse,
But burns to build and destroy!
Why must it display a wondrous appearance?
Why?
It catches even the innocent,
Mere children in its snare!
It fills their dreams,
Overtakes their fantasies.
Why must we yearn it?
Strive for it?
It has no master.
It cannot be contained,
Controlled,
At all restrained.
Fame…

KenzicoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:07 pm:
this poem is amazing, could you check out some of my stuff?

ShahiroThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:54 pm :
Thank you sooooo much for the complement, I really love to hear feedback! And yes I'll check out your work...                :D

iCheeto This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:40 pm:
This poem is firece, your words are harshand powerful and it's great.  It's so true too, nice one here.

IMAdreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:03 pm :
Thank you... Love your "I won't" poem by the way. Really well put together! =:D

illusions said...
Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:02 am:
This is really good! I love the way I didn't really know what u were talking about till the end!

fiNd_THe_fLaMEThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 24, 2012 at 2:36 pm:
Thx, I noticed u read and commented on some of my other works! Thx for ur contribution!

Ranea said...
Feb. 28, 2012 at 6:36 am:
WICKED!!!!!!!!!! I loved the topic and even saw quite a bit of truth in it, some i never really noticed before. keep up the good work

fiNd_THe_fLaMEThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 24, 2012 at 2:35 pm :
Thx u know I actually wrote this cus no one was looking at my work but I really wanted them to

irishlass317This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:21 pm:
this is really neat!! great work, you picked a really, really good topic!! :D

Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:14 pm :
Thx sooo much! Hey, Ive got some new work and was hoping you could check it out? ;D