year of analogies

year of analogies

January can be full of snow,
February you could fall in love for all you know,
march Irish green spirit towers,
April full of showers,
may is full of bloom,
June sunburn could be your doom,
July starts with boom and fire,
august school is back to inspire,
September a month to always remember,
October you get lots of candy say thank you don't be rude,
November full of football and food,
December presents and a Christmas dude put you in a good mood,

JustAnotherOwl said...
I like this! It's lighthearted in a way, and it has a tad bit of humor in it, which makes it enjoyable to read! The only thing I would say is that I agree with LexusMarie, the October line could have some punctuation added to make it flow better, and perhaps a different word than "dude" in the Decemeber line, but that's just my thought. Anyhow, I really like this, it's a clever idea to go by months of the year! :)

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey there! I like this, the title is very appealing, when I look at writer's work I always go with the one that has the most eye catching title and this one got me! The rhymes are good, they flow pretty smoothly except the October one, maybe just add some commas in there to space it out a bit. The tiny details are good. I like the descriptions. I like the bit of humor in here! This is a simple poem that was enjoyable to read. Good job!

InkWriter13 said...
Jun. 14, 2012 at 1:07 pm:

I like the dash of humor here; it is certainly light-spirited and bouncy. Great work on this. Very true on all the seasons. Not exactly certain how these are analogies because they seem more like descriptions or small captions sometimes. Still, I love the poem. Any particular reason why some months are capitalized and some are not? Just curious. Interesting choice of poetry style. Great poem, again. Keep writing. :D

Would you please read and comment on my poems titled "Wizard of Words"... (more »)