Truth of Humanity

It’s hard to see your whole world, fall apart around you
Like the explosion of planets, the crumbling earth charred and the once blue sky blanketed by a deathly fog.
It’s hard to love someone, who refuses to love you back.
The heart begins to pound rapidly, but not in the way lovers find fond. It’s the disbelief and defeatment of life and love; where your heart rips slowly, the gruesome pain of it exploding in your chest while hot tears stream down your face.
It’s hard to be honest, when all you know are lies
The spider continues to spin its magnificent web of beauty and perfection, until he trips, he tries to cover up the falter, the flaw, but it only keeps growing, a hole of total ugliness in the midst of complete beauty.
It’s hard to please when the ones you love don’t think you’re good enough
They fight and fight, the offspring and his father, if he shall not prevail victor, he will die, useless and unworthy of life. He will die just as the moon does when slain by the sun’s sharp rays.
It’s hard to live when all you want to do is die.
If the monarch does fly there, to that faraway place of warmth and contentment, she will enter a deep consuming, coma of a sleep, just to wake and try to reach her lost home, the place she once knew. But die before she reaches that point.
It’s hard to be you, when all you want to do is to be anyone or anything, but yourself. The make-up that masks the faces of actors on a stage, the gossipers who feel it essential to have bitter drama in ones life but their own. The constant wanting of things that don’t belong to you or that you don’t even need.
But, to some degree, the wanting of feelings and emotions, the possession of a conscience, the knowing of pain and sorrow; joy and happiness
The knowledge and understanding of love.
And the continuation of being yourself through all of those trials and tribulations,
Is what truly makes one human, no matter how hard it is to be one.

Mariam.J said...
Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:57 am:
I thought this was lovely. a little off at some points, but lovely nonetheless.

A_Fate_UnknownThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 7, 2012 at 9:36 pm:
I really admire your use of metaphors. Although personally i prefer rhyme poetry, I felt it was a good one overall.

ToranThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 9, 2012 at 9:01 am :

Thanks, this one kind of just came to me out of the blue, so I just wrote down whatever I was going through. (Hey, that rhymes ! :D)

SuNshiNe007 replied...
Mar. 27, 2012 at 7:24 am :
This is wow! I love this, and I understand the "Outta the blue" comment. That happens to me all the time:) Lol! Haha that does rhyme Toran! Hope to read more!

Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:37 am :
Thanks Sunshine, sometimes, things just come to mind y'know?

SuNshiNe007 replied...
May 16, 2012 at 10:59 am :
Yea, very true..And your very welcome:)