All of My Nothing

Don’t mind all these broken bones,
They’re just left over from
the last time that you left.
Oh no, don’t move my heart,
leave it right there on the sofa.
Why the sofa? Well it’s not like
I have anywhere else to put it.
Um, just ignore my legs.
They’re old and crippled I know,
but they were all that I had.
My eyes-oh you can keep them.
I’m not sure they work though,
seems they’re always blind to something.
My muscles, those dumb things.
they never really did work out,
Haha, “Work out”, you get it?
you know, like you and me?
Oh, never mind.
About my lips, you can toss those.
They just won’t stay closed.
It’s no wonder I never shut up.
Have you ever wondered why I never shut up?
And where are my lungs? Did you take those?
That’s okay; I’m used to you taking my breath away.
Hmm, now what about the rest of my love...
What? You want THAT? Really?
I did not see that coming...

Miss_OrangeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 23 at 3:20 am:
Hey! another good one!! it's a trail mix of emotions going on! dang, you're good. :)

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 24 at 5:34 pm :
I wish. Thank you captain.

Miss_OrangeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 25 at 9:37 am :
No problem! anything to help you steer your mighty ship to clearer waters and skies!

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:28 pm:
I lo Preferences § 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = Backspace   Tab q w e r t y u i o p [ ]   Return     capslock a s d f g h j k... (more »)

Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:24 am :
I have no idea what that means, but thx so much!!!

SaphiraBrightscales said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:46 am:
WOW....This was so much different from what I had originally expected...from the title that is, turned out to be so much more! The way you put it out, all those body parts explained, all that anger shown through humour and OH the irony! LOved it :D

Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:26 pm :
You are so fluffy. I love you so much for commentating. Thankness Captain.

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:35 am :
And I love you so much for replying to my comment, Oh! and for sharing all this awesome stuff! Welcome Captain!

Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:31 am :
No...you mean Welcome your Saphiraness. I was here before, like 3000 years ago...

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:50 am :
Pardon, Your Majesty! Hahaha seriously Goshhh aren't you so old for a teenager??  :P   Hmmm.. I wish I had been here before, I regret everyday not finding out about this place earlier you know.... :((

Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:06 pm :
...Yeah me too, because now all the fluffy people are gone. There does however, still remain just the tiniest inkling of their fluff.....

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:40 am :
* Teary Eyed Smile * Exactly!! That's why I regret it too,,, but meeting you here seems that one of those awesome people still remains, and I'm so thankful for that :D

DarkBlueBaby22 said...
Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:57 pm:
I don't think I've ever read a poem that has had both humor and sadness. This piece is amazing. You have a certain dark humor about you, which I really like, and it's clearly portrayed in your work. Please keep writing! (:

Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:12 am :
Oh, wow. Thanks! I love you so much:) How insightful you have become to the trenches of my mind.

sjwanderlust said...
Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:01 pm:
I really like how you introduced and deconstructed your character at the same time.its like you got to know them as they were falling apart. It shows the ugly truth behind a break-up. 

HasntWrittenInages W. replied...
Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:42 pm :
Quite the interesting comment. Made me read the poem over again. Thanks muchment. I am much appreciating the specific feedback. Loves you much.

timevampire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 11, 2012 at 3:19 pm:
I haven't read much on here long time. But I knew what whos poetry I should start reading when I started again. Beautiful as always.

Mar. 19, 2012 at 8:09 pm :
It took forever for me to figure out how to respond. And look! I still have nothing. Pleasure to a hear you from it always has been. I invite you to devour.

Aderes47 said...
Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:44 pm:

Seriously good poem. One of your best. :)

Totally felt this way when I got heartbroken last week. 

Feb. 29, 2012 at 8:15 pm :
One of my best? Really? U kmow, I didnt even remember submitting this one and I was about to take it down-then I read your comment. Thanx. Who dares break the heart of my dear love? Oh Aderes, the audacity of some!!!