Lost, Not Found | Teen Ink

Lost, Not Found

By Kiki_McGee GOLD, Woodstock, Illinois
Kiki_McGee GOLD, Woodstock, Illinois

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all." - Emily Dickinson

Lost.

That is what am;
What I will be.
Meaning so much,
Yet nothing at all.

What I find is what I lose
And yet I continue.
What would happen
If I stopped searching?
Would there be anything left?

Losing is discovering
In it's own way.
With nothing to lose
You find yourself
And see what cannot be seen.

I can see you now.
You are lost.
You and me
Both are this way.
Can you see me too?
For what I am?
I hope,
For I am lost.

I have been lost
And have not been
Found.

on Oct. 12 2012 at 11:50 am
Kiki_McGee GOLD, Woodstock, Illinois

Thanks for the comment! Wow, I really like your poems! I think that "Wind Tamer" is my favorite but "Two Boys" is a close second!

on Oct. 12 2012 at 11:36 am
Kiki_McGee GOLD, Woodstock, Illinois

Thanks, I really liked your piece "Tell Them Goodbye."

on Oct. 12 2012 at 11:21 am
Kiki_McGee GOLD, Woodstock, Illinois

Thanks, I really liked your poem "The Patient Secret."

on Aug. 26 2012 at 4:37 pm
gb12197 PLATINUM, Bridgeport, Pennsylvania

"next time you feel like a failure, think about how you are alive, and you have the opportunity to be successful."

"i don't have an attitude, i have a personality you can't handle"

"i am weird"

i really like it, i can tell it is personal and yet it's still relatable so great job :)

on Aug. 25 2012 at 9:36 pm
EternalMadness GOLD, Fresno, California

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go
Your eyes, they shine so bright
I want to save their light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how
When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide

This is amazing. I think I liked it so much because it felt like you were speaking directly to me. GREAT JOB

on Aug. 20 2012 at 10:05 am
Nguyenkhanh SILVER, Ho Chi Minh, Other

“I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”

What strikes me on this poem is its flexibility and versality- its message is very simple. It does have a depressive nuance inside, with a surrender at the end. The finale of feelings, yet, the third stanza has glimpses of hope in the form of 'discovering'. Still, what makes me unsure is the ethos of this poem. As if was written for perfection, not fully expressed. But then, that could be because of my views, or my style. This poem flows like a smooth feather fluttering through the air, landing softly, withdrawn feelings inside.  Should you want, you can look at my 'wind tamer' and ' two boys' poems, they are different from your simplicity though. If you want some contact for further exchanges, feedback or collab, feel free to contact. your simplicity and visual style is your voice. :)

on Aug. 20 2012 at 10:05 am
Nguyenkhanh SILVER, Ho Chi Minh, Other

on Aug. 15 2012 at 11:20 am
Kiki_McGee GOLD, Woodstock, Illinois

Your comment just made my day :) I enjoyed reading your poem also. I loved the symbolism with the flowers.

on Aug. 14 2012 at 9:43 am
RynnTopia SILVER, Needville, Texas
Simply chilling. I love it. Great job turning it over to the reader. -standing ovation- I would love to hear you read this. I admit that in the beginning, I was just here to get comments on my own work, but after reading this...you're amazing. Maybe we could collab sometime?

on Feb. 22 2012 at 6:21 pm
maizyiscrazy GOLD, Washington, District Of Columbia

I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe in miracles. ~Audrey Hepburn

I like this, sort of depressing, but I like it! If you could read/comment on my poem, "Perfectly Damaged," that would be great!

Thanks!

on Feb. 15 2012 at 11:54 pm
Kiki_McGee GOLD, Woodstock, Illinois

I was hoping to get something similar to Emily Dickinson's "I'm Nobody" and from your comment it seems that I have hit that simplistic nature spot on. Thanks for commenting :)

on Feb. 15 2012 at 8:26 pm
Behind_a_Plastic_Smile GOLD, Roseville, California

"if you're not 1st you're last"

i like it and how u approach the message especially the 2nd to last stanza good job

on Feb. 15 2012 at 6:05 pm
SteelJam BRONZE, Cheswick, Pennsylvania
I really agree with Paige Street, the last few lines are what really make this poem!

on Feb. 15 2012 at 3:40 am
PaigeStreet PLATINUM, Juneau, Alaska

"Stay golden"
- Johnny (The Outsiders, S. E. Hinton)

hmm. Not having any substance or direct treatment of any subject, this poem feels like a hollow shell. I like that! For some reason, the Tolkeinish simplicity of the last lines are my favorite.