Lost, Not Found

Lost.

That is what am;
What I will be.
Meaning so much,
Yet nothing at all.

What I find is what I lose
And yet I continue.
What would happen
If I stopped searching?
Would there be anything left?

Losing is discovering
In it's own way.
With nothing to lose
You find yourself
And see what cannot be seen.

I can see you now.
You are lost.
You and me
Both are this way.
Can you see me too?
For what I am?
I hope,
For I am lost.

I have been lost
And have not been
Found.

gb12197 said...
i really like it, i can tell it is personal and yet it's still relatable so great job :)

Kiki_McGee replied...
Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:21 am
Thanks, I really liked your poem "The Patient Secret."

EternalMadness said...
This is amazing. I think I liked it so much because it felt like you were speaking directly to me. GREAT JOB

Kiki_McGee replied...
Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:36 am
Thanks, I really liked your piece "Tell Them Goodbye."

Nguyenkhanhtran said...
Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:05 am
What strikes me on this poem is its flexibility and versality- its message is very simple. It does have a depressive nuance inside, with a surrender at the end. The finale of feelings, yet, the third stanza has glimpses of hope in the form of 'discovering'. Still, what makes me unsure is the ethos of this poem. As if was written for perfection, not fully expressed. But then, that could be because of my views, or my style. This poem flows like a smooth feather fluttering through the air, ... (more »)

Kiki_McGee replied...
Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:50 am
Thanks for the comment! Wow, I really like your poems! I think that "Wind Tamer" is my favorite but "Two Boys" is a close second!

Nguyenkhanhtran said...
Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:05 am

Sarah H. said...
Aug. 14, 2012 at 9:43 am
Simply chilling. I love it. Great job turning it over to the reader. -standing ovation- I would love to hear you read this. I admit that in the beginning, I was just here to get comments on my own work, but after reading this...you're amazing. Maybe we could collab sometime?

Kiki_McGee replied...
Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:20 am
Your comment just made my day :) I enjoyed reading your poem also. I loved the symbolism with the flowers.

maizyiscrazy said...

I like this, sort of depressing, but I like it! If you could read/comment on my poem, "Perfectly Damaged," that would be great!

Thanks!

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile said...
i like it and how u approach the message especially the 2nd to last stanza good job

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 15, 2012 at 3:40 am
hmm. Not having any substance or direct treatment of any subject, this poem feels like a hollow shell. I like that! For some reason, the Tolkeinish simplicity of the last lines are my favorite.

SteelJam replied...
I really agree with Paige Street, the last few lines are what really make this poem!

Kiki_McGee replied...
I was hoping to get something similar to Emily Dickinson's "I'm Nobody" and from your comment it seems that I have hit that simplistic nature spot on. Thanks for commenting :)