Just a girl | Teen Ink

Just a girl

By LaceeJade GOLD, Bucyrus, Ohio
LaceeJade GOLD, Bucyrus, Ohio

♥ I've made mistakes in my life. i've let people take advantage of me, and i accepted way less than i deserve. But, i've learned from my bad choices, and even though there are some things i can never get back and people who will never be sorry. i'll know better next time and i wont settle for anything less than i deserve. ♥

She is just a girl, alone in this big,wide world. She expected to much, she is trying to escape life's tight clutch.

Her mother never mentioned everything she had to give away. Every piece to every puzzle, everything she could obtain. The poor girl couldn't gain much of anything.

Now,

she sits alone in her corner singing her self to sleep. Wrapped in every promise no-one choose to keep. She no longer cries to herself. She has no more tears to wipe away. Just the diaries of empty pages and emotions gone astray.

on Apr. 19 2012 at 8:19 am
hippiechick99 GOLD, Mesquite, Texas

"... How dreary to be somebody-- How public like a frog;
To tell one's name; the livelong June-- To an admiring bog"
-Emily Dickinson

This is so sweet and though it's short I can feel your emotions in it perfectly. 5/5 definatly. Please read some of my stuff!!

Does this remind anyone else of Taylor Swift's song A Place in This World?

LaceeJade GOLD said...
LaceeJade GOLD, Bucyrus, Ohio

Thanks alot.

milforce SILVER, Bloomington, Illinois

"Those who have the ability to act, have the responsibility to act."

Very nice job! I think a lot of people would like this because almost anybody can relate to it :)