Whats in Your Name

A million sweet things embodied in two perfect syllables that make up your name, should my lips form the word they could not help but smile

You make me think of honey bees and summer flowers like honey suckle, and sugar rock candy

And the way butterflies flock to sugar water

You make me think of dancing, and singing, and twirling, freedom of movement flying off the floor

In the pouring rain

You make me think of country music, and of long hand love letters, and anonymous poems on my door step

And all those pretty words that melt my heart

You make me think of roses, and heart shapes, and basket balls

Because suddenly their just as romantic as the other two

You make me thing of summer nights, the once with warm air and starry skies, the ones you promise will never end

Being really bad at math but never minding staying after and never getting any work done either

Because apparently we distract each other

You make me think of the aquarium, of all those creatures floating with ease and grace

I think I know exactly how they feel

You make me think of baseball games, and eating fiddle-faddle, which for the record is still not called Cracker Jack

I don’t care what the song says

But as long as you keep singing to me . . .

I will stay forever, I’ll be in on the bleachers cheering the loudest, I’ll tell you all about things I’ve never seen, we’ll spend our lives in endless nights under starry skies and singing to our selves, breaking our teeth on sugar rock candy, and never being happier

The end