Mourning This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Sometimes I wonder
if God ever tires
of painting. Each day
I wake up early to watch Him revise
the intricate layers of sky. His concentrated
breath fogs up the celestial lens
as He dips the tip of His brush in sun-ink
and delicately traces the wispy
contours of spider-spun
clouds twining aimlessly like ghosts
above the surface of the earth.
He persistently whitewashes the stained canvas of
heaven-scraping skies, reminding me that
He is trying to restore its protective glaze,
picked away like a festered scab
when you died. Each day,
I relentlessly scan His sky-sketched handiwork,
looking for you in the bleeding hues of the miscarried heavens.

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:16 am
I absolutely love it - the ending was beautiful! 

TickTockBANG said...
Whoa. This is beautifully written, with so much detail. The first and last sentence are my favorites. I'll probably go stalk all of your work now.

eliana924 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you!

InkWriter13 said...
WOW! SO beautiful. Such a lovely style, a poetic twist, a sparkle in the eye. Loved it most truly. It makes me ache, silly as it sounds. You write with a great writer's voice. Always keep writing. :D GREAT work. Would you please comment on my work titled Contemplative Beaches and Angelic Beaches? I would really appreciate it! :D

KatsK This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. You are a really good writer. I like the title, how it sort of serves a double meaning (I originally read it as "Morning"). Your descriptions were practically perfect, giving just enough clear, concise detail, but not too much. This is really sad, but amazing. Great job.

Thanks! I'm going to read some of your work now :)