Just Singing

That song I was just singing?
It was nothing.

For nothing could express,
How I truly feel.
I’ve tried,
A thousand times over.
I’ve laughed,
And cried,
And screamed.
I’ve run,
And died,
A thousand times.
But only,
Inside.

Outside?
I am just singing.

pandagirl312 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 28, 2012 at 10:10 am:
Love this!!! It shows how someone's world can truly be crashing, and it may not even be noticeable. Are you a singer? :)

half.noteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:50 am :

Thank you, pandagirl, for the kind compliment.

I'm a self-appointed singer.

I'm not well trained, but I've been blessed with a good voice, if I do say so myself. I do some performing along with instruments (piano and guitar mostly), I'm one of the choristers at church (we pick and sing hymns), and I join a choir when the opportunity arrives.

And, of course, I sing for fun. All the time. And I mean: All the time.

And you?

pandagirl312 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:13 am :
I am an AWFUL singer. Really, completely tone deaf. But I sing all the time. :) my friends make fun of me for it, but it's just what I do. ;)

Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:32 pm :

That's good that you aren't afraid to sing anyways. I know lots of kids who don't sing at all just because they don't think they can.

I don't know if you really feel like getting into a huge conversation with me, but I was curious if you play any instruments. I've played piano for eight years. What about you?

Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:40 pm :
Oh no it's fine. Although I love music and singing, I have no rhythm and/or pitch. I used to play piano, but I was terrible at it. So I quit. :/