Nobody Likes Me | Teen Ink

Nobody Likes Me

By babyrex4 SILVER, Buffalo, New York
babyrex4 SILVER, Buffalo, New York

\"You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world.\"

Author Unknown

I turn right,
The world turns left,
I turn left,
The world turns right,
Since I am the magnet that can attract nothing,
Only a piece of lint,
Floating in the autumn's crispy breeze.

"Me" I find to define as "MEaningless",
People I call friends come and go when they please,
As if I was a toilet,
Since I'm usually flushed down those nasty drains anyway,
Mainly when I hear a new rumor,
Or insult,
Don't worry I know you said it,
So you can come to my face,
I won't bite,
Oh of course you won't,
Because so what?
According to your gossip,
Nobody likes me anyway.

Its true. Most of the people I ever cared about caused me to write this poem. It comes straight from the heart.

on Jan. 26 2012 at 4:13 pm
LoveIsMyReligion BRONZE, Saskatoon, Other

“Every story starts with an idea, but it is the characters that move this idea forward.”

I really like this poem, your very good at free verse. I can really relate to this and totally understand what you are saying.

on Jan. 26 2012 at 3:26 pm
DarknessForever13 SILVER, Gainesville, Texas

Quoth the Raven: "Nevermore!"
"What's right isn't always popular, but what's popular isn't always right." - Unknown

I love how honest and true this was, and I can really relate to you. Haha, maybe we should E-mail, or something sometime. I dont have good internet, so texting would be the easiest if you just want someone to listen. *smile* I have some work on here you might like, rate and comment if you wish. :)

on Jan. 26 2012 at 1:36 pm
babyrex4 SILVER, Buffalo, New York

Author Unknown

Thank you so much :). It takes awhile to find the perfect friend.

on Jan. 26 2012 at 9:40 am
EPluribusUnum DIAMOND, Woodbine, Maryland

"I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;
I lift my lids and all is born again.
(I think I made you up inside my head)."
-Sylvia Plath

This is awesome!! My heart really goes out to you, since for whatever reason most (if not all) of my friendships end in disaster too.

on Jan. 26 2012 at 6:57 am
babyrex4 SILVER, Buffalo, New York

Author Unknown

Thank you! The poem kind of got messed up. The line was supposed to be "Me" I find to define as "MEaningless". I guess they substitute the quotes into those weird things.

on Jan. 26 2012 at 6:52 am
babyrex4 SILVER, Buffalo, New York

Author Unknown

Thank you so much! I wish I can rhyme, but I stink at it. And I read your poem, it was really good! Check out my comment.

on Jan. 25 2012 at 5:10 pm
TheAustinator SILVER, Bowers, Pennsylvania

Always remember skaters are nerds, we leave the cool guy stuff to the jocks-Ryan Smith/The meaning of life is that it is to be lived, and it is not to be traded and conceptualized and squeezed into a patter of systems-Bruce Lee/Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as a reality-in your own mind-Bruce Lee

& quote ^^^

on Jan. 25 2012 at 5:09 pm

This is great!!! but what does the "e mean?

on Jan. 25 2012 at 4:52 pm
Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

Wow, this is good! you have a talent for free verse. I have tried a million times, but I can't get the hang of poerty that dosen't rhyme. Just not my style, I guess. But your good at it! Great job! Do you think you can comment/rate a poem of mine called "Read Me"? It isn't as good as this, but I think you might like it.

on Jan. 25 2012 at 2:30 pm
babyrex4 SILVER, Buffalo, New York

Author Unknown

Thanks so much :-)! I just got banned from chat for posting the link to this poem in the chat box. But others do the same thing!

on Jan. 25 2012 at 2:23 pm
AlaskaGirl GOLD, Klawock, Alaska

"Screw the shining armor. I will take my man in dirty camo any day"

I LOVE IT ALOT...