The Forest is Burning | Teen Ink

The Forest is Burning

The forest is burning, the bright colors of the flames surround the animals.
The forest is burning, the falling snow melts in the heat, just before it hits the ground.
The forest is burning, the creak of the ancient trees falling over can be heard a mile away.
The forest is burning, the animals are fleeing, the flames from the trees reaching out at them as they pass.
The forest is burning, the fire is spreading from tree to tree, bush to bush.
The forest is burning, the smoke is thick and black from all the young plants, filling up the sky as more and more plants succumb to the path of death and destruction that sweeps through the forest towards them.
The forest is burning, the dry bushes are like paper, burning up in the flames and turning into ash.
The forest is burning, the fire is dying down.
The forest is burning, the trees are turned into ash.
The forest has stopped burning, the trees are dead.
The forest has stopped burning, the animals are dead.

thegreatinquiry PLATINUM, Knoxville, Tennessee

I've never let school interfere with my education. -Mark Twain

Good anaphora! Interesting poem, too. Is this double entendre in any respect or is it pretty singular in its message? Just wondering... Good job!

hunterxonicole, Gowanda, New York

"Some of the greatest things in life are unseen, thats why we close our eyes when we kiss, cry, or dream."

i like how you use the alliteration of the forest is burning to always keep readers aware of what is happening..i tend to drift off and get confused when i read poems, but when reading this i was alert and aware the entire time, nice job :-)