Ode to a Lemon This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

It sat there on the table,
With its yellow raincoat
Tucked around its sour, yellow vest
It's an extroverted character
Like a sailor proudly flaunting
His gold teeth and anchor tattoos,
Stiff as a statue,
Cunning as a fox,
Bitter as the Grinch,
It stood there
With a smirk plastered to its thick, fleshy skin,
It sat there, waiting for its execution,
The knife swiped at it violently,
With one solid thrash,
It was decapitated,
Its sunny, yellow interior exposed
And spilling onto the table

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
  This is such a cool concept! I love how it starts off seemingly simple, but then grows to a much more complex metaphor for a person. All the different ideas it created would ordinarily seem conflicting, but somehow fit together quite naturally in this poem. Great work! :)

laurensoccer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much for commenting on my work.

. said...
Great! Extremely creative! I love this! Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! Thanks!

ShahiroThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i like the creativity of this nicely done!!!! plz check out my work???????????

juicyfan6 said...
I love the vivid descriptions in your poem! It's really good. 

KatsK This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really good!

bcw095This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great, great, great work.

I LOVE THIS POEM. 

OrangeJuice528 said...
May 10, 2012 at 8:47 am
I love this poem it is spilling with originality!!! I hope you post more of your work. I'll continue to read your pieces.

Deliah This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is soo creative, it really stands out from the rest! it gets your attention from the first line.

Inferno#21 said...
May 1, 2012 at 10:41 am
This piece was very eye catching and I loved that.  If you hadn't looked at the title you think this was of a true pirate, but when you go back and read it as a lemon it makes so much sense! Using personification gave the lemon qualities I didn't even know humans had! The similies topped it off and just made this truely amazing and unique! Amazing job!

Haim ;) said...
May 1, 2012 at 10:31 am
This poem was very descriptive and used a good amount of figurative language. I liked how the metaphors made the reader visualize more vividly and it was very well put. It was a great poem! Keep writing!

muna.najihah said...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 5:29 am
I love LEMONS!:D

AngelsKiss This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 10, 2012 at 8:47 am
This poem was very clever and good, such descriptive words and I can picuture it in my mind please read and comment on some of my poems:)

Gracie said...
Love the poem! Very clever and funny. I think I will go decapitate a couple of your bitter, yellow rain coated friends and make some lemonade!

TaylorPaigeHolmes said...
Very creative way of describing a lemon and a clever metaphor in comparing the sailor to the lemon. Keep up the writing :)