Running in place | Teen Ink

Running in place

By ace122 GOLD, Newark, New Jersey
ace122 GOLD, Newark, New Jersey

"The people who have walked in the darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them a great light has shined."

Up and down I run up in the stairs. Going from place to place without any cares. Why am I doing this you ask, I cannot tell you the reason, it could be that time of the month or just a change in the season. Whatever it is I continue endlessly. Seeing everything blurring past oddly thrilled me. People stop to look afraid to walk past. They thought I might hit them, I was going pretty fast. My breathing labored and my legs ached. I couldn’t stop though whatever the stakes. Mother called me and my brothers did too. I think it was dinner time but I didn’t know if it was true. They might have just been trying to stop me from having my good fun. I didn’t care what they said, I wouldn’t listen to anyone. My feet burned and my head felt light. I thought I would stop but I continued on with all my might. Until a loud noise gave my quite a fright. I lift my head to see the morning sun on the side of me. Mother came in the room and said “oh good you’re awake.” It was a dream; I had woke up very late. Mother said it was three o clock. I had missed school. But I have to admit… my dream was pretty cool.

I felt sort of weird and silly that day... so I decided to write a poem about it.

ace122 GOLD said...
ace122 GOLD, Newark, New Jersey

Thank you! I try my best! Oh and please be sure to look at many of my other poems!

pwyehuns said...
Very cool and fun to read. The colors in the photo you chose to accompany your poem have the same sort of fun quality. Have you thought of breaking up the lines more "poem-like" so the rhymes jump out at us? Good job!