Running in place | Teen Ink

Running in place

January 10, 2012
By ace122 GOLD, Newark, New Jersey
ace122 GOLD, Newark, New Jersey
10 articles 2 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The people who have walked in the darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them a great light has shined."


Up and down I run up in the stairs. Going from place to place without any cares. Why am I doing this you ask, I cannot tell you the reason, it could be that time of the month or just a change in the season. Whatever it is I continue endlessly. Seeing everything blurring past oddly thrilled me. People stop to look afraid to walk past. They thought I might hit them, I was going pretty fast. My breathing labored and my legs ached. I couldn’t stop though whatever the stakes. Mother called me and my brothers did too. I think it was dinner time but I didn’t know if it was true. They might have just been trying to stop me from having my good fun. I didn’t care what they said, I wouldn’t listen to anyone. My feet burned and my head felt light. I thought I would stop but I continued on with all my might. Until a loud noise gave my quite a fright. I lift my head to see the morning sun on the side of me. Mother came in the room and said “oh good you’re awake.” It was a dream; I had woke up very late. Mother said it was three o clock. I had missed school. But I have to admit… my dream was pretty cool.


The author's comments:
I felt sort of weird and silly that day... so I decided to write a poem about it.