Red Clay Sky This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The red clay glistens and the sun shines on it as it sets
The trails empty as the hikers settle for the chilling night
the magpies chirp and squawk alerting
others that night is close
The ripples in the sky show that the wind is turning into a gust
rushing through the trees and powering over the canyons
Chirp, chirp, chirp … Squawk, squawk, squawk

Ahmad-Mobeen said...
Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:52 am:
Sorry, the comment below was meant for Sophie Rose C. I apologize! =( BTW, your work is great! =)

Ahmad-Mobeen said...
Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:50 am:
I will... if you will see my works "Writer's Block" and "Cute Stranger"! =)

otherpoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 14, 2012 at 7:39 am:
This is a beautiful poem. I can feel as though I'm in the forest with all the hikers, watching for a beautiful sunrise to paint its self on the horizon line. Great job!

Sophie Rose C. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:37 am:
oh I do like this very much - especially the 4th line from the top, where you talk about the ripples in the sky. soft and subtle, and the imagery is good. could you look at some of my stuff, maybe? A particular poem called "Happy Sea" and one which is pending approval, called "Fruits of Moontime"

FrAme replied...
Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:30 pm :
I will. Will you read a couple of mine?