Deep Sleep | Teen Ink

Deep Sleep

By MichaelaBurdick666 SILVER, Hoosick Falls, New York
MichaelaBurdick666 SILVER, Hoosick Falls, New York

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

I sit here and light myself on fire as I listen to you tell me how I’ll never make it on my own. So this is what it feels like to die? I am finding out I don’t belong, I don’t belong in a house like yours. Next time I will be listening and I will grant your wish like the genie you always wanted. I’ll watch your happiness grow like a rose in the summer as I deteriorate like the leaves in the winter. My heart is falling asleep, into a deep sleep. I lay here on the floor, numb to the core. This ends here, tonight! My heart is falling asleep, into a deep sleep. I lay here on the floor, numb to the core. This ends here, tonight! It’s so cold; it’s burning me alive, from the inside out. This world is bittersweet, you failed me once again. Now I made a mess of things. I never knew this was what it would feel like to die. I thought if I told you how I died inside, I would be rewarded with the life I deserved, but you just spit in my face when I was at my highest point. My heart is falling asleep, into a deep sleep. I lay here on the floor, numb to the core. This ends here, tonight! My heart is falling to the floor, smashing like a glass plate. I lay here in the blood, fading into nothing. You got your wish……