Real!

I'm walking down the street when I hear an innocent kid's piercing scream. I glance around to see what's wrong. Nothing. No one's even around, it's just me. "How weird, I think to myself. I continue to walk. "AGH!" There it is again, it sounds so near. So...real. But it's not I know cause all of a sudden an image pops into my mind. Immediately I recognize that blood curdling scream as my own. Why! Why does my past always do this to me? Just when I'm finally moving on, it's there bringing up my worst fear. I stop in my tracks, squeeze my eyes tightly shut and try to rid my mind of the disturbing image. And memory. But again there's an image, this time even more vivid and...real. Then there's that blood curdling scream. My heart speeds up. Now I begin to scream for...real."Help! Somebody help! Please!" But I know no one can hear me cause it stayed in my head. Just like before, no words came out. Zilch. Nothing. So I, with my adrenaline kicking in, start to run, fast. Faster. I run. I run like there's no tomorrow. Like there isn't even today. When I glance back there's something behind me. Or someone. My legs begin to move faster, and slowly begin to go numb. I'm running as fast I can. I'm not moving anywhere. I turn around to see the blanket of darkness closing in. I see the 'thing' as it seems to pick up speed. Oh, Lord it's coming after me! As I give up running, I stop. I begin to scream. I scream at the top of my lungs. Then all of a sudden as the 'thing' of darkness comes around me I gasp for air. I gasp as if I know I'll never breathe again. That's when I sit up. My bed drenched in sweat. Oh, god it was just a nightmare! I let out a sigh of relief. But that relief will only last a short while. I'll dream it again tomorrow. And again the next day. Then the day after that. I'll continue to dream it til' life ends. I have ever since that day. And it always seems so...real.