My Mother is a Mountain This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

My mother is a mountain
She never bends or moves
She never breaks or cools
And underneath that thick stony skin there is heat.

My mother is a birch
She is thin and pale
She is beautiful and alive
And any imperfections are as natural as the trees.

My mother is a human
She loves and laughs
She is weak and flawed
And her birch hands, mountain strength make me.

lauren_mcmickingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love the way you describe your mother. This poem reminds me of the saying "My mom is my rock." It is a very inspirational piece. My favorite stanza, however, is the last one in which you describe the way your mom affects you. Amazing job!

M. said...
I absolutely love the way you describe your mother. This reminds of me of the saying "My mom is my rock." I love the inspiration of this. The last stanza is my favorite because you talk about the way your mom affects you.

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Beautiful! Great job! Fantastic job on describing your mother! Please read,rate,and comment on my poems! Thanks!