Times Change

Her eyes sparkle when they meet mine, something I’ve been waiting to see this whole time

What does that mean? That she cares for me the same way I have cared for her all this year?

All this time I’ve been waiting for one simple thing… for her to be forever mine so I can hold her in my arms at night

Forever’s too big of a word though… I know it could never last forever… nothing ever does

But my feelings won’t stop for her, even after the day I die as I wipe away the tears falling from her eyes

We will still be friends then? Or maybe even more? Too many questions to ask and too many for Him to answer, so I ask just one

Will you please tell her that she’s everything I’ve ever needed and she’s the only one I ever want to hold?

She’s beautiful inside and out, tell her to never take that oh so cute smile off of her beautiful face

Because I bet you I’m not the only person in this world who’s looking at it and falling in love with it

I bet he loves it too… Your knight with blue eyes he’ll protect you more than I ever could, he’s everything you need

He’s so good to you and he’s what you need right now. I promise you that I won’t leave

Please, baby, please just promise over time I’ll stay in the back of your mind. Don’t forget what we had