Unspoken

The words rose to the
Tip of my tongue
Piling and
piling
up
Into a big, towering jumble
Of letters.
I opened my mouth, pursed my
Lips, and the words slid
Forward--
only to be pushed right back--
The jumble of them--quite
A mile long--they all went
Unspoken as I
swallowed them
Back down into the
Depths and recesses of me where
All those words--a huge
Pile--remain forever--
Quiet--I-could've-but-I
Didn't--
Unspoken.

Aaka131 said...
I love this poem its written so well and very easy to relate to. Your a great writer and I really enjoy reading your work. This definitely deserves 5/5 :)

JaneCapelle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thank you thank you! =)

AwriterWithaPassion said...
This Poem , Is Amazing , I love how you write and express your feelings. I can relate to this oh so much . I Love this poem , Continue Writing(:

thank you so much!! =)

Estelle_Star said...
How you write this shows that you are really connected to this and it means something to you. I can relate to this poem a lot. So many things I should have said, but I didn't. I really love it. Keep writing!

I'm glad someone else can relate, thats also what i shoot for when i write, and yeah, this poem means a lot to me. Thanks for commenting, and ps. Speak Now =)

RayBaytheDinosaur said...
I like the style this poems written in and it definitly describes wanting to say somethiing but not being able to pretty well, good job =)

thank you :)

savetheplanet said...
Wow, I really like the meter on this poem, it emphasizes the message so much. It's halting and hesitating just like the words. :)

thanks! :D

babyrex4 said...
Sis, you should read the book Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, if you haven't already. It is a really inspiring book, and a pretty easy read. It truly relates to this wonderfully written poem. Please sis KEEP WRITING AND NEVER STOP.

Guess what? I already did :P I love that book, i stayed up till 2am one time watching the movie. XD it was really inspiring. Lol okay okay sis i will keep writing! ;D

babyrex4 replied...
I just read this comment now, and you did?? Cool! I saw part of the movie in school, because one day I had to miss class for orchestra lessons. I should have known you already read it XD.