It Screams | Teen Ink

It Screams

By JanelleKathleen BRONZE, San Jose, California
JanelleKathleen BRONZE, San Jose, California

Take a breath, take the leap, take a chance and take it with me. Free your mind, free your heart, free yourself to make a start. Forget the deception, forget his name, forget the longing and forget your shame. Discard the memories, discard the pains, discard the worries and discard your chains. Redirect the anger, redirect your path, redirect your story and redirect your act.

It screams in desperation, it screams your name, screams for you to continue in vein. Echoes, echoes, my mistakes persist. Let go, let go. No, I can't resist. It's cruel, brilliant, to him.

Don’t you dare answer to all, don't you dare ignore the call, and don't you dare resist the freefall. Listen to the warning, but listen to your
heart, listen to me say that balance is an art. Exercise
patience, exercise caution, exercise "okay” with disappointment or this cause is a lost one. Play the cards, play with me, play to your
beliefs, don't play only to agree. Run off the path, run away till
you're sore, run away from the easy way, run till that way isn’t an option anymore.

You believed in the voice, you believed all it's traps, you didn't believe in your strength n now your fate will collapse. Now drowned in your choices, now drowned in the deep, so drowned that when finally dry through the edges you'll seep. Now doomed to a coin toss, doomed to risky
destiny, doomed for falling for him, doomed without a remedy.
Officially out of sand, officially done with the hourglass of time,
officially in the after-moments, and now officially the turn is MINE.

Hopefully I've learned, hopefully I took some notes, hopefully I saw the torture and will survive through all this s*** I wrote.