A Letter to Love | Teen Ink

A Letter to Love

By Ezzallenne PLATINUM, Austell, Georgia
Ezzallenne PLATINUM, Austell, Georgia

"Fall down seven times; stand up eight."

Dear Love,

Why have you chosen to captivate my heart? Promising to hold me together, if ever I start to fall apart... You dwell beneath my skin; finding yourself a secluded place within. Laying dormant until you feel the need to advertise, the things felt when staring into his eyes. You show yourself through my words; through my thoughts you express your mind. So, tell me Love... What do we do now, now that he has left us behind? If you were not here, these feelings would be gone. Make them dissapear... I'm begging you please. Just leave me with my memories. To forget him, I must first forget you. These are all on my list of things I need to do. Never did I want you to leave, but he let you go first. Or did you abandon him? Which is worst? This is not how this was suppose to be. You lied to my heart, you lied to me. The diminishing flame that once burned so brightly has left my heart cold & emptiness consumes us entirely. I've never been one to make someone leave, but I want you to get very far away from me. I'm asking you to leave my heart; evacuate the premises before it breaks apart. Take my feelings for him with you. If you stayed, anything could happen: There's no telling what you may do. You could blurt out the truth & I would be powerless to stop you. You could scream it at the top of your lungs, that I'm still in Love with someone, I mean nothing to. So, Maybe I fell into you way too deep. In my defense, there should have been a caution sign, some kind of warning that my heart was on the line. But, It's all right... I'll be okay. I'll get past this; forget you and my yesterday. You have over-stayed your welcome. So, now I'll show you to the door...

Goodbye Love,

I don't want to feel you anymore.

rockyyyyyyyyy SILVER, Lawrenceville, Georgia

dont let people drive u crazy if you know its in walking distance

nicely written :)