Lioness

She stares at me
across the heated grassland.
I freeze--captured in
her bright golden gaze.
Savage and ferocious, yet
regal and majestic.
A goddess of the hunt,
the Artemis of Africa.
My eyes hold hers
for an eternity.
She rules her pride
with cool confidence.
This is the Queen of Beasts

Josika.Nav said...
Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:46 am
wow! it is absolutely gorgeous and to think that you wrote this just by looking at a picture ! :O !! awesome! great work and keep writing XD

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:50 am
Thanks! It's nice to receive some new feedback on this piece~

snowleopard100 replied...
Cool notion and great diction. I like it. Keep it up!!

Thanks for that!

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile said...
I've never heard an animal described so beautifully. The way you control ours it's so skillful I bet you get make anyone picture anything you wish them to.

Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:17 am
Thanks a lot~

Sharkgirl said...
good comparrisons and use of laungage

Feb. 22, 2012 at 11:36 am

Thanks so much~

GreenSerenity said...
You didn't specify which poem you wanted me to look at, so I came to your page and this one caught my eye. I like the simple yet strong descriptions and the way it flows. Keep writing! :)

Feb. 6, 2012 at 4:50 am
Oh it didn't really matter which one to me, but I'm glad you liked "Lioness." I'll be commenting on your "Masquerade" in due time.

KateLA said...
Jan. 27, 2012 at 3:08 am
I love how you were able to get all of those descriptions just from a picture on NatGeo, you did great-5/5!

Jan. 27, 2012 at 5:13 am
Thank you so much for your comment~

MaddieBrooke replied...
this was beautifully written! Can't wait to read more!

Thank you, that's very nice of you to say~