Reaching for Breath

Drowning in a sea of familiarity,
I touch the face of the One I've ignored for too long...
Beauty creeping into my searching eyes,
Broken,
Falling,
And seeking an answer...
When will hate burn?
Don't pretend you aren't in pain...
So many lies robbing you of passion,
Won't you stand?
Fight for all the lost innocence?
So sick,
Defenseless...
Flames dance brightly,
A seduction unknown...
Your heart lost in a fantasy,
Such make-believe intimacy,
Didn't you realize the lie all along?
Begging for one last night,
Loving every softly whispered deception...
Enough!
Forgotten words wait to steal all of you,
Breathing lust slowly down your neck,
Hidden behind beautiful features...
Intoxication so deadly...
Escape out of grasp,
Night becomes your Lover...
Impossible to resist,
In love,
Reaching for Breath...
And gone. ~

TheGirlWhoReachesForStars said...
I can relate to basically all of your poems, and they're JUST. SO. GOOD.  This one is no exception! you're amazing dear ;) haha

SweetSandyFlower replied...
Apr. 21, 2012 at 2:32 am :
This one is so true and relatable. I love the way you always draw me into the poems with your use of words and emotion.

torilutz8 said...
Mar. 21, 2012 at 6:27 pm:
 I like it :) really pretty wording :)

The_Bleeding_Muse said...
Mar. 13, 2012 at 8:13 pm:
This is really well-written. the emotions are clear and its powerful :)

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 10, 2012 at 12:06 pm:
It kind of reminds me of the guy that will tell a girl what he thinks she wants to hear so he can get what he wants. But the girl is smarter than that, and she sees through his fake claims of love. I don't that's just my interpretation of it. Right or wrong, I love it!

WrittenEmotionsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 12, 2012 at 2:05 pm :
You were correct! ^^

bloodroselove said...
Mar. 9, 2012 at 7:55 pm:
ok so i lied this is my new favorite one it gave me chills. love it!

EthanCalhoun said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 8:45 am:
again and again, all ur poems are great

Vivacious said...
Feb. 2, 2012 at 8:42 pm:
This is really great. Instead of repeating "begging" in your pieces, try yearning, beckoning or pleading. Some of your descriptive words chould be exchanged but your metaphors are fantastic!

Wonderment said...
I like the suttle strength in this one. Its a very kickass poem just in a suttle way. I can senes the anger in the tone. Its good stuff. again, 5/5 stars.

JaneCapelleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem is very.. mysterious o.O and i have to say, your poems just have this voice to them that...idk how to describe it...the poems arent quite my style, but their tone is just...just...ah! cant think of what its like lol! I guess all i can say is 5/5! :)

Jan. 31, 2012 at 1:37 pm :
XD I wish you did know! lol! and yes, it is very mysterious... This is the only poem I think that I can't really describe even to myself.

chloe_garrettThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I LOVE THIS. great job beautiful! ur anamazing poet! :D 5/5

Mar. 8, 2012 at 2:31 pm :

Thank you, ^^ You know you responded twice, right? xD

SilverSunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Good work i thought it was very well written!

Ravenfall1020 said...
wow, i just have no words for this :)

Jan. 25, 2012 at 6:36 pm :
You gotta have something! XD

WRITTEN!!! I LOVE THIS!!!! it seems a bit like something recurring would write. lol

Luna3952 said...
this is just amazing... im wowed

Jan. 19, 2012 at 6:40 pm :
Thanks! I don't know why people like it so much lol