The Train

Won’t you, won’t you
Take my hand,
And let us board the train together.

You are, you are
Waiting on the platform,
And I wish to join you there.

We wait, we wait
For the train
From here to the unknown.

Let’s take, let’s take
Our first step together,
And ride on the train,
Hand in hand.

RedFeather said...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 7:45 am
This was about death? Think dark thoughts much? The poem's lovely, but I can see how it would be about death. I like it alot.

MiraStorm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
such a lovely poem! i like to think of this as a young boy and girl in love stepping into the unknown together...

Lovejuice replied...
I had the same thoughts too... It didn't remind me of death at all.

NightGoddess17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yeah, I didn't really have any idea what the deeper meaning would be. Its nice that that's how u though of it :)

Behind_Sapphire_Eyes replied...
I agree with Mira it did seem as if it was someone who was in love and he or she wanted their love to go with them into the unknown and experience wonderful things together. It's about taking that leap of faith. Over all, it's a wonderfully written poem. The repetitive use of words used the the first line of each stanza reminded me so much of the sound of a train. Very intriguing! Awesome work, Sammy! :)

IzzyVT said...
The repeated words in the first line of each stanza almost reminds me of the sound of a train...very cool.