Heartbeat

I lay my head on your chest,
And listen to your heart beat.
I love that I can trouble it,
Make it fast, make it panic.
I love that I can attack you
With sensations you have no plan of dodging.
But maybe, just maybe,
It is the other way around.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 3 at 2:47 pm:
This is the true essence of love. It excites me to read this. Just beautiful. AND LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! 

TheCapturedBatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:12 am:
amazing! everything about it is beautiful and insightful!

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 17, 2012 at 6:05 am:
Your last two lines don't flow with the rest of the poem. The ending seems too abrupt---you vould expand the piece more for a greater effect.

IAmWhoIWantToBeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:43 am :
Thanks for the comment. But I don't actually have the guts to make longer poems. I'll try though :)

Josika.Nav said...
Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:25 am:

hey!

i wholeheartedly agree with you! when you love someone, it is nice to have them love you back ! awesome poem. i love the flow. it is short , and sweet. it is so simple yet meaningful. thats what i like most about it. great work and keep writing !! XD !!