Scarlet

I see red

Red reflected in the bull's eyes
As he lunges at his killer

Red on the cape of an absent hero
As he fails to swoop in and save the day

Red on the petals of the rose I'm handed
As I stare in wonderment at the one who gives it

Red in the image of dancing flames
Contained and tamed on the wick of a candle

Red in the flush on your cheeks
As we walk hand in hand through the deep snow

Red on your lips
As we stand on my porch and you kiss me goodnight

Red of my heart
As I watch it break, shatter...

Red on my face
As something warm and sticky slides down it, mingling with tears

Red on my wrists
As I turn inwards on myself

Red on my sleeve
As I'm labeled an outcast and shunned

Red on my hands
As I move through life, conforming to society

Red in everything
Scarlet encrusted
As I watch the world
And come to learn that nothing
Is sacred

ImSoCoolitHurtsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 14, 2012 at 6:31 pm:
Very visual. painful to even read but well put together. I still cant get over your talent... However... You should do me a favor and smile. :)

HolesInTheHeartThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 14, 2012 at 9:29 pm :
Oops..................I wrote this at the last second for something to read for writer's circle. I don't feel so depressing anymore lol

May 14, 2012 at 9:29 pm :

ImSoCoolitHurtsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 15, 2012 at 11:09 am :
:D (good because being sad is.. idk not fun?) but no its good, art isn't always happy or uplifting or whatever. Happy or sad, your work still packs a distinctive punch, you deliver emotion all the same whether its through drawings/paintings or through your words.