First Impressions | Teen Ink

First Impressions

December 4, 2011
By glory2u GOLD, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
glory2u GOLD, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
13 articles 1 photo 4 comments

I see what you see and you see what I see. We see two completely different things. You see an orange hat while I see something fun and bright. I see a fudgesicle and you see 100 calories. What is this, why can’t we be unified? With our own two eyes we will look at you and judge you like we were reading an open faced book. With our own two eyes we will recite your whole life as if it were a written biography. I see what you see and you see what I see. We see two completely different things. There’s a person walking by us and I offer them my brightest smile, you scowl and give them a look of disgust. Then you turn to me and say “why would I acknowledge that miscreant? Why would I acknowledge the poor?” “How is he a miscreant I say?” You told me he was so desperate he’d steal anything and do anything to get what he wants. You told me that he was a horrible person. I left and walked away. I see what you see but can you see what I see? I see beauty in disaster. You see ugly in disaster. It is impossible for you to even recognize the beauty. Are we even looking at the same thing?