Warning This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

On the outside
He appears quite sane
A little shy
A little lonely
But otherwise immune to pain
Being generally ignored
By others
Has made him lead
A purely theoretical life
But his psychopathic nightmares
Have a dark internal meaning
Underneath the surface
A trigger happy
Pistol junkie
Waits, gun in hand

writer3499 said...
reallly intense but amazing how so many people can relate to it.  Super good... would you mind commenting on my work.

freeflow23 said...
I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not but I could really relate to this poem. It has to be one of my all time favorites.

AYO_itsdeja said...
this is so true ; people don't realize how mean they can be . this shines light upon the problem of so many unhappy teens . LOVED it . keep it up shorty (:

Kellie_Sonic_Screwdriver_Fay said...
enjoyed it

remembermeplz said...
Wow this is amazing,When I read this I thought of this boy who was bullied so bad in my school he shot himself. I love♥ it! =]

alexxeo said...

Good job(: Great poem...

Read mine?(: "Lunar Metaphor"

Natherine said...
iLove it! i hopee yuh keep writing. and itd be wicked awesome if yuhdd chekk out my poems and tell me what yuh  thought thanksss :) <3

thetruth said...
Aug. 9, 2010 at 8:22 am
pretty good. i liked it. scary.

MaKayla1513 said...

This is soo good!

Check out some of my stoires, comment and rate them for me!

sleeplessdreamer said...
This is fabulous. Explores the mind of a psycopath in so few words but encompasses it perfectly. Extremely well done. I would greatly appreciate it if you could check out some of my stuff! Be as honest as you please.

CloudedCrystal said...
Loved it! This person is in a scarry place that holds too many occupants that are of our generation today. Way to tell it like it is ;)

Alexis S. said...
Wow! I love this! It's really good!

dd1995 said...
dude this is an amazing poem i think you should make another poem followed by this one so i can see what the guy is waiting for. :^)

StarrlytThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 14, 2010 at 11:56 am
dd1995, I completely agree with you.  The poem is great, but like most great pieces, it leaves you wanting more...

StarrlytThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30, 2010 at 11:15 am
Awesome!!!  That was...wow.  I really liked it..

sarahbug16 said...
wooowww, creepy.......spine chilling........but OH OH OH SO GOOD!!!
lol......very good....

jimjim93 said...
this was very good!!! i enjoyed reading this poem. i like how it gives off that sense of crazyness within but because of the pain. i know exactly how that can be, but this just explains it in details ive never thought before, awesome work!!!

JUST_ARIELLE:( said...
i really luv this. it has an emo feel 2 it. which i absolutely love. based on tht writeing i think you would like
you see what i want you to see
its on here. just search it. its a free verse poem.

kenna2013 said...
Jan. 23, 2010 at 8:28 am
i loved it! it was great and added more to the normal dont judge a book by its cover theme. great job!

AMORETTE said...
'Don't judge a book by it's cover.' i absolutely love it, keep writing!:)