Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

Robert321 said...
today at 11:40 pm
Last 2 lines are poetic gold. Perfect to relate to teens

UnknownSoul said...
May 17 at 6:11 pm
I love this poem. Good job!

TheBestOfWriting said...
May 15 at 5:14 pm
love this poem!

super.ballerinaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 15 at 9:04 am
There is a lot of symbolism in this piece. Really great work, Keep it up!

Euphy123 said...
May 13 at 10:30 pm

miiranda_18 said...
May 13 at 6:43 pm
Go check out mine! TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/.../The-Dirty-Man/

angelique said...
May 12 at 3:17 pm
WOW. you really have skills you can right good poetry its easy to understand I just love it

baby-p said...
Apr. 29 at 12:22 pm
i have a native American side to me so when i feel things deeply n strong i get empathy chills idk how to explain it just that this poem was heart touching

MadisonHudsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 24 at 2:44 pm
This was amazing. You have definetley got some skills.

beAWESOMEstayAWESOMEThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 19 at 8:02 pm
So the father wants his son to try new things,explore the world around him, become someone successful,amazing,and special, but at the same time he doesn't want his son to leave him all alone. This honeslty made me feel like crying,but i loved. *thumbs up* Keep writing! :)

12yearold said...
Apr. 12 at 11:36 am
I'm so sorry that I have to say this but this could be because I'm very dumb. But I got that The dad has got the child trapped but is the rest of the poem him just trying to do this. Can someone fully explain the very deep meaning through of this very beautifully written emotional and raw poem. Don't get me wrong, I love this poem.

passion_poet19This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 10 at 1:49 pm
i see beyond this flow of the words they speak to me but i really like this poem. GOOD JOB.!!

A helping hand said...
Apr. 7 at 11:14 am
This is called imprisonment, seek a local child counselor.

VaquerodelEspacio replied...
Apr. 8 at 2:44 pm
You just made my day good sir!

Atlas_WomanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 2 at 12:16 pm
Quite lovely....

Jozzykay said...
Mar. 31 at 10:48 am
This is so emotional I love it!

SweetMonster365 said...
Mar. 30 at 11:13 pm
I love how you can get dragged into the poem

HeleneZ said...
Mar. 30 at 2:55 pm
DEEP DUUUUUUUDE

CharleyHeelisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 25 at 5:59 pm
Pls check out my work... Fire or Ice by CharleyHeelis. ....thanks xx

SkylerEldredgeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 9 at 5:09 pm
I'll gladly check out your work if someone will PLEASE check out mine, I've been writing for six years and I'm just starting to put it out there like everyone's been telling me too... thanks guys