Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

Anya3727 said...
today at 4:01 pm
Reakky love your writing style!

eshaansomanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 16 at 9:17 pm
awesome piece!

manasisomanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 4 at 9:45 pm
This is so deep, and such a great piece. Great job!

tigerlilyorangeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 22 at 8:27 pm
this would make a beautiful picture book!

Mar. 20 at 9:28 pm
so insightful! It took such a turn at the end

AbbyHaase1010This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 13 at 12:17 am
This has so much power. It kind of gives me the chills

CrossBowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 8 at 12:53 pm
that's ... wow

Angelina_Best_WriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 3 at 9:10 am
Wow...those are the only word I have to say. This is amazing seriously don't ever give up on writing.

Jessie20500 said...
Feb. 28 at 2:14 pm
amazing work

KevMeowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 15 at 10:30 pm
I think this poem is so good! You should keep writing!

LaurenKittyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 10 at 10:48 am
This poem is so wonderful! It flowed and it has a good meaning to it. Keep on writing because you are amazing

YESSENIAGThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like when you said "i ask my father if i could fly, and he said, sure, son - go try. hahaha good.

caroleeena said...
That took such a nice, sharp turn, amazing work.

Bax21 said...
Dec. 5, 2016 at 7:45 am
I really love tyhis it's pretty

thelouisanaboy said...
Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:06 am
you inspired me to right two poem look at them for me #feelyourpain

iivickieii said...
Oct. 30, 2016 at 11:12 am
I love the message of this poem !

lilsophz said...
This is so good @HeyItsMk

jamiraaa said...
Oct. 24, 2016 at 10:16 am
this is such a beautiful poem

Ellea said...
I absolutely love this poem, it is the type of poem that can mean different things for different people.

GrahamElgin said...
Oct. 17, 2016 at 8:40 am
This is garbage.