Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

KevMeow said...
today at 10:30 pm
I think this poem is so good! You should keep writing!

LaurenKittyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 10 at 10:48 am
This poem is so wonderful! It flowed and it has a good meaning to it. Keep on writing because you are amazing

YESSENIAGThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like when you said "i ask my father if i could fly, and he said, sure, son - go try. hahaha good.

caroleeena said...
That took such a nice, sharp turn, amazing work.

Bax21 said...
Dec. 5, 2016 at 7:45 am
I really love tyhis it's pretty

thelouisanaboyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:06 am
you inspired me to right two poem look at them for me #feelyourpain

iivickieiiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 30, 2016 at 11:12 am
I love the message of this poem !

lilsophz said...
This is so good @HeyItsMk

jamiraaa said...
Oct. 24, 2016 at 10:16 am
this is such a beautiful poem

ElleaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I absolutely love this poem, it is the type of poem that can mean different things for different people.

GrahamElgin said...
Oct. 17, 2016 at 8:40 am
This is garbage.

Thetruthbehindme21 said...
thats very good i like things like that i have a bunch of poems with my mom that i should post that are close to this.

KittyKat1201 said...
Wow this is great!

tre.ashleymarie said...
Sept. 15, 2016 at 10:56 am
I absolutely love this!!! Please continue to write poems you are great with your words

Ramsey123This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
my husband and I loved this pice you wrote please keep writing

LuminaryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Woah! amazingly written :)

YoungBeautyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 19, 2016 at 10:50 am
This poem is so meaningful. It is a beautiful piece! Please keep writing!!

Helena-P said...
Such a good poem. I love the rhymes, you've seriously got some talent.

E.Inis said...
Though I love my dad and have a great relationship with him, I appreciate this piece because I think it captures the power of this sort of relationship-even the bad ones.

Experiences_happen said...
fahters arent worth any persons time. At least mine doesnt deserve My time