Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

thelouisanaboy said...
today at 11:06 am
you inspired me to right two poem look at them for me #feelyourpain

iivickieii said...
Oct. 30 at 11:12 am
I love the message of this poem !

lilsophz said...
Oct. 26 at 2:27 pm
This is so good @HeyItsMk

jamiraaa said...
Oct. 24 at 10:16 am
this is such a beautiful poem

ElleaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 19 at 4:32 pm
I absolutely love this poem, it is the type of poem that can mean different things for different people.

GrahamElgin said...
Oct. 17 at 8:40 am
This is garbage.

Thetruthbehindme21 said...
Sep. 28 at 2:44 pm
thats very good i like things like that i have a bunch of poems with my mom that i should post that are close to this.

KittyKat1201This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 15 at 6:13 pm
Wow this is great!

tre.ashleymarie said...
Sep. 15 at 10:56 am
I absolutely love this!!! Please continue to write poems you are great with your words

Ramsey123This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 25 at 1:36 pm
my husband and I loved this pice you wrote please keep writing

LuminaryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 12 at 12:11 pm
Woah! amazingly written :)

YoungBeautyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 19 at 10:50 am
This poem is so meaningful. It is a beautiful piece! Please keep writing!!

Helena-P said...
Jun. 12 at 5:22 pm
Such a good poem. I love the rhymes, you've seriously got some talent.

E.InisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 21 at 2:55 pm
Though I love my dad and have a great relationship with him, I appreciate this piece because I think it captures the power of this sort of relationship-even the bad ones.

Experiences_happen said...
May 9 at 2:48 pm
fahters arent worth any persons time. At least mine doesnt deserve My time

Edawg1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 29 at 2:10 pm
you'll have to wait for me to type mine because i have work to do.

Apr. 29 at 1:36 pm
very good! your good at poetry i see. you know if you would have gone any deeper then there would've been no words to describe poetry that deep. read mine and see. okay?

JamesHenderson said...
Apr. 29 at 10:59 am
This is the best poem I seen

astridianmayfly said...
Apr. 27 at 1:21 pm
I adore this

arteatsu said...
Apr. 13 at 9:40 am
This is truly great.