Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

E.InisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:55 pm
Though I love my dad and have a great relationship with him, I appreciate this piece because I think it captures the power of this sort of relationship-even the bad ones.

Experiences_happen said...
May 9 at 2:48 pm
fahters arent worth any persons time. At least mine doesnt deserve My time

Edawg1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 29 at 2:10 pm
you'll have to wait for me to type mine because i have work to do.

Apr. 29 at 1:36 pm
very good! your good at poetry i see. you know if you would have gone any deeper then there would've been no words to describe poetry that deep. read mine and see. okay?

JamesHenderson said...
Apr. 29 at 10:59 am
This is the best poem I seen

astridianmayfly said...
Apr. 27 at 1:21 pm
I adore this

arteatsu said...
Apr. 13 at 9:40 am
This is truly great.

TheOneandOnlyDL said...
Mar. 31 at 9:07 pm
This scared me a little bit but in the way poetry should. Love it!

Aaliyah02This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 31 at 7:08 pm
At first I was like huh? then I was like hmmmm then I said Ohhhhh lol nice work

genessa.carneyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 22 at 2:24 pm
Very good at hide the true meaning

Maddsloves said...
Mar. 21 at 12:06 pm
This took me a minute, but then I understood. Very deep.

StephanieluvsyouThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 17 at 5:50 pm
This is amazing!!!

ambivalentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 16 at 7:53 pm
whoa ... love this

kandace_c1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 2 at 10:16 am
this captures the feelings of many teens and their dreams and that they are on a chain and cant get off of it

AngdileoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 23 at 4:56 pm
This is an inspirational poem and amazing to know it was written by a teen. I hope Carl continues to write poetry as he grows older.

LionGraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 20 at 8:11 pm
From the child's eye, and yet serene. wonderful, loved it.

ZJcancelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 11 at 1:15 pm
omg i feel like im on a chain i hate it and i wont ever be off

goat_lover_2.0This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 7 at 2:57 am
cut the chain and fly high in the sky like katy perry's fireworks.

MahalabelleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 17, 2015 at 10:51 am
It almost seems as if he were a slave asking for freedom. Amazing job.

Dream_Bar22This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 14, 2015 at 8:20 am
This is so perfect. You did an amazing job.