Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

jah_jon said...
today at 9:26 pm
It's a great poem with a great rhyme scheme, however, I don't understand whats going on in the poem. Did the father lie to him, did the father trick him?

The_Fanged_Book_Worm said...
Apr. 3 at 11:38 am
I am unsure of this poem, but i love it all the same.

Deerdear said...
Mar. 26 at 9:26 pm
Amazing! You defiantly have talent

Bmahoney116This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 9 at 10:48 am
I can definitely relate

Mar. 6 at 10:03 am
@Mag;) I did. you got some talent there!

The_Fanged_Book_Worm replied...
Apr. 3 at 11:40 am
If y'all VIPs could look at some of my poetry and give me some feedback. That would be great!

Mag;)This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 1 at 1:23 pm
Also can you look at and possibly share some of my work?

Mar. 1 at 1:22 pm
AMAZING POEM!!! The only thing that I would recommend is correcting some simple grammar.

SmartPanda13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 24 at 8:05 pm
I don't understand the message but it's a beautiful poem

tycasey32This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 23 at 10:51 am
Very great I can relate a lot to this poem but I don't get the title.

AllTheSuperRacehorses said...
Feb. 20 at 6:06 pm
Oh my god. People who understand the chaining properties of not having a parent are beautiful and empathetic. People who understand the chaining properties of having a parent are beautiful, empathetic and wise.

KurdiGThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 16 at 12:08 pm
Marvelous poem with sad features.

ahmontgomery said...
Feb. 8 at 2:23 pm
Great poem, but I don't get the title

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 23 at 2:37 am
it was sad but honest. good job

Maliq said...
Jan. 16 at 3:18 pm
it was fun to read and the twist at the end caught me off guard.

yungnserg916 said...
Jan. 16 at 3:12 pm
very good details,the twist at the end was off guard but it was a fun read

Phl.RamilJr said...
Jan. 16 at 2:56 pm
i like the twist in the end because it caught me off guard and i did not expect that.

CaprisunBrisk said...
Jan. 16 at 2:03 pm
it was sad but honest. good job

Jan. 8 at 1:59 am
i love this !

lost_and_freeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 1 at 9:55 pm
Beautiful. Sad and truthful. And soulful.