Fading into the night. | Teen Ink

Fading into the night.

November 21, 2011
By CourtneyCannibal SILVER, Clare, Michigan
CourtneyCannibal SILVER, Clare, Michigan
5 articles 3 photos 0 comments

In the middle of a midnight, smoke invading my head, I felt you coming even closer, but you were gone instead Wrapped up in the curtains, I saw my soul descend, To a place where many men have wandered, But where no man has been. I hear your conscience calling, seeping into the spaces, I see your body fall into the walls, twisted into so many places We are closest to the nights ally, fading into the rest, Some say we’re the ones who are cursed, Some say we are the blessed Sinners are the many, and saints don’t exist The bad are all around us, the good are only missed Nothing is the same now, nothing can ever be right The world is spinning backwards, fading into night Bound into fire, born into hell We are the ones who know the secrets, but can never tell Burned under water, constantly on your feet and no matter where you run, You can never escape the heat Run to the shadows, watch them evaporate, They pour into your thoughts but it’s only too late Silver silk lines nighttime, Blackness drives the day The way you’re going only leads to the dark, But it’s the only way Sinners are the many, saints don’t exist The bad are all around us, the good are only missed Nothing is the same now, nothing can be right The world is spinning backwards, fading into night Now, we’re silent, praying for the light Though we know it’ll never come, and we’re just trapped in night Staring at the window, though I can’t see through, Staring back into my memories, though I can’t remember the view Alone and in the darkness, we try to wish for the relief that is ours And even though we want to, we just can’t see the stars Not out of my mind, though out of sight, Never forgetting when we faded into night.