The Accident

The wind rushes in my ears
My hair flings around loosely
As I ride down the lane

The engine revs around the corner
The motorcycle dashes forward
As I ride down the lane

A rusty white van drives menacingly
I stare through the visor curiously
As I ride down the lane

The van speeds up next to me
My eyes narrow curiously
As I ride down the lane

Suddenly the van jerks towards me
I swerve violently
As I ride down the lane

The motorcycle speeds through a gap
In the weathered, broken fence
As I hurtle away from the lane

My helmet flies off
And the engine whines loudly
As I hurtle away from the lane

I hit the rocky cliff headfirst
And my motorcycle crushes me
As I tumble away from the lane

Blood fills my eyes
And I can hear my muffled cries
As I tumble away from the lane

The smell of gasoline lingers
And a loud crack is heard
As I tumble away from the lane

Fire slams against my broken face
All the air is sucked away
As I tumble away from the lane

I reach a sudden stop
Nestled in the jagged rocks
As I lie by the lane

My tattered, ashen face burns
As well as my entire body
As I lie by the lane

Metal debris flies past me
I close my eyes and I can't see
As I lie by the lane

A rusty, white van speeds around
And disappears around the corner
As I lie by the lane

Blood trickles down my face
I slowly, slowly close my eyes...

As I die by the lane.

Creative-WriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:50 pm:
This was very nicely depressing (which is a good thing, because it means you can add emotion).  I liked the way you wrote it, and the style of your lines. what I mean by that is, the last line in evey section went with the way the poem was meant to be.  It was very interesting, and, as I said, very sad.

WritinGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 15 at 6:48 pm:
I really liked the way you kept the same last line, changing it slightly, and the way it tied in so well  for the last line. Great descriptions--keep up the good wrok! 

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 15 at 8:21 pm :
Thanks for the comment! :) I'm much better at writing actual stories in my opinion than stuff like this, but I guess I do have at least a few good ideas when it comes to poetry! :P

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was definitely more like a poem then The Spider. Really good job! :)(:

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 7:20 am:
I'm not really the best poet--I'm a lot better at writing novels and fiction. But tell me what you think of this anyway! :)

Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:22 pm :
Yeah, like I said, I'm not the best poet, and I'm more used to writing stories. But thanks for the comment!