Loneliness This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

A west wind blows through the night
Kicking plastic bottles through the
empty street.
A thud here and there,
As a young child throws an old
hockey puck
Repeatedly
Against the wall.
Whispers of live and intertwined hands
As two lovers quarrel over a dirty handkerchief.
The dusty paths I travel
Filled with crumpled notes and broken seals.
I envision a world without tumbleweeds
And sky-high walls.
A place where the wind blows free
And no one's ever seen the loneliness
Of an unhinged door.

gb12197This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
you are really good with imagery. this poem is so different, its not like anything i have ever read before. great poem :)

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Again, very good imagery! I like the way your poems are written. A lot. your style amazes me and really does make me think of imitating how you write. Your writing takes my breath away and brings smells of what you're describing to me. I can't tell you how in love with them I am right now.

snowleopard100 said...
Awesome imagery!! It got a message across with using figurative language and still remaining very clear. I was just a little confused towards the part about the "unhinged door" but otherwise really awesome job man.

snowleopard100 said...

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile said...
Beautiful! jus beautiful :) you have such a way with words

koolkat101loveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

It's beautiful, love the figurative language, fb 4 fb?

eternal_sunshine said...
Beautiful, I really really love this one. Your description gives such a fresh outlook on something classic. Love the line "As two lovers quarrell over a dirty handkerchief". Beautiful.

HoldingFastThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 19, 2011 at 9:29 am:
Yeah that's suppose to be life typo XP

Cody_Goelz said...
Dec. 19, 2011 at 8:47 am:
this is really good but i think you should have put life instead of live or is that what you ment to do

applesauceHaterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
oh:)this is really good:)see that red checkmark thing. i think that means an editor thinks so too:)just in case you didnt know!and you defenatly live up to that checkmark because this is great!loved it