How To Truly Live

Fear tickles and taunts you,
Crisp air flows through your hair,
Fingers,
Toes.
Your feet inch over the edge of the chasm of unknown.
Though the bottom is a mystery,
Don't hesitate; Dive in!
Leap into the air and allow yourself to
Just
Be
Crazy.
Take that ponytail clip out,
Rip those tight shoes off.
Be free.
Forget regret!
Take a little chance,
Make a little risk.
Don't be afraid;
If God plans that you shall fall,
I will be there to catch you.
Forget your cares;
Leave them in your worry skin,
And just
LIVE
YOUR
LIFE.

Oozeworld said...
Feb. 1, 2012 at 10:46 am
You show promise as a writer. I especially like the bits where you combine words in ways that wouldn't work in prose, but make perfect sense in the poem. I especially love the sounds of the line "Forget regret". :)

OfMuchHappiness This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you sooo much!

Behind_Sapphire_Eyes said...
Once again I love your work. :) This one is filled with inspiration. I also like from you arranged it; the way you separated your sentences it added emphasis that had an added effect to your work that accompanied with your style it boosted your poem to a point of perfection. I also love the fact that the last three letters are in caps which makes it even more beautiful! Keep up the fabulous work! :)

Behind_Sapphire_Eyes replied...
I also like how you arranged it...*

Thank you!!

Behind_Sapphire_Eyes replied...
Your welcome! :)

scenesoccerqueen said...
Wow very inspiring! Love the variety of sentence type; the way you 'broke' them up really emphasized it more...and the fact the last 3 lines are in caps. Great Job!

Thank you! I just kinda winged [wung?] this one in the back oh my math class one day. xD

scenesoccerqueen replied...
Jan. 31, 2012 at 11:22 am
awesome those are the best kine! lol most my poems are typed onto my ipod when im in the car or something...