Mark My Skin

Mark my skin
I want to mark my skin
I want to find other voices
To echo my pain
I've lost
I am so close to alone
Rejected
I need to make something
Out of my tears
Self-pity
I should do better than this
I want to hurt myself for it
But I won't
Pull
Then tear
Touch Darkness
But I won't
Moan and cry
There is hope
But I can do nothing
For now
Take what you want
But don't leave me alone
Surface of emotion
Broken
I want to drown
Head forced under
Gasp for air
Find it
I was choking
Now I'm cold and wet

OldYoungOne said...
I enjoy the uniqueness of the poem. You seem to have purged the essence of being lonely out yourself and spill it onto paper. Well done. Well done.

TheCapturedBatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the kindness of your comment.

dandelion77 said...
Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:51 am
Please keep your comments positive and constructive. We'll remove anything inappropriate. Thanks!

dandelion77 said...
Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:51 am

OldYoungOne replied...
isnt that already implied when posting anything on teen ink? Is there a great need to remind responsible serious people that we need to be respectful? We are all artists so we show fellow artists respect. You need not specify.

Josika.Nav said...
Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:51 am
hey! amazing poem. i like the short sentence structure, it really gives the piece a unique flow. also, the symbolic references work well.the whole 'self destruction' theme is well expressed and is absolutely relatable.....if there is one thing that you should work on , it is punctuation. commas, full stops help the reader in reading and interpreting...but apart from that:great work and keep writing :D