Remember

I remember, looking up at night, dumbfounded by florescent starry visions made of light
Having in mind nothing at all.
I recall a time, joy took the shape and form of every flower, leaf and petal, every shower storm
I had not one reason to fear a fall

And all those painless years, innocent as we appeared, we had no idea what we'd become.
And every perfect thing, flawless without a sting, where did this chaos all come from?

I remember, many years ago, I'd delight at the very image of the fallen snow
And that itself could make my day
I miss the long lost past, when I'd have no regrets, no remorse or ceaseless memories to turn to threats
Happiness, a heartbeat away

And all those effortless smiles, play dates completely worthwhile, and not thinking for a second it could end
And every single day, was just another way to grant your everlasting love to a new friend

So where do we go, after all the unkind has filled our every little crevice in our once-angelic minds?
That's the question we'd all like to know.
And how do we get out of this crude mental state, this foul condition tainted after we'd become its bait?
What road do we have to follow?

I'll tell you I don't know, for I've yet to bestow this answer we've been trying to explore
But one thing we must do, in the process of getting through, is to ignore what's blocking what we're fighting for.

And every so often, when you think it has deceased, inconvenience will come and knock you down when you need it least
But that will force you to get back on your feet.
And whether it be frequent, or be unexpected, life will draw you like a magnet to a course undirected
This is but a new adventure you must complete