BREATHE | Teen Ink

BREATHE

I live in a world where air and oxygen are 1
I watch my soul sink as you left it
You come back into my life wanting more of what you took
As you look into my eyes I catch my breath
You say to me "I left because I Love You"
He looks at me smiles, waits for response then replies "do you?"
I...

My ex bf thought he can have his way with me and take advantage of my love. One day I got sick of it so I invited him over but he never showed up. I had called his house to hear he had left. It was then I realized I loved him and needed him. I waited for weeks, almost a month then moved on. my ex came back a few months later acting weird towards me. He asked to talk so that day we met up and that's when he said he left because he loved me. my soul sank. So many thoughts went through my had. It was then he turned towards me and said that he still loves me. he waited for me to respond. thinking I still loved him but when I didn't, he gIt worried. He asked if I still do. It was then I knew I had to answer, so I responded I. Then my friend had showed up and said I had to go so I did. I hugged him goodbye and left the question unanswered. I think about what it would be like if I had answered him but then I think how good my life is and smile. he was better off nIt knowing my hart bolts for him, races to his voice,shivers at his every touch, and eyes melt at his face.