This Bed

I sit on the end of a bed
waiting, waiting
I wait on the end of a bed
watching, watching
I watch at the end of a bed
listening, listening
I listen at the end of a bed

I sit at the end of this bed
waiting for something to happen
watching my favorite person
listening for the words I wish
to hear
I sit at the end of this bed

IMAdreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 12, 2012 at 5:01 pm:
Ha ha! I've had people say that to. Well she'll always be within your heart. Lov this poem!

May 8, 2012 at 7:50 pm:
Well it looks like you found some words, I too have sat there or rather stood, it was my grandma and I was 5 so I didn't quite know what was goin on. I still remember her face though when she looked at me with tubes in her nose and the light coming through the window.

IMAdreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 8, 2012 at 7:51 pm :
Oh, and could u please check out my work?

irishlass317 replied...
May 10, 2012 at 8:38 pm :
Thank you for reading this!! It was so sad that day, she didn't really recognize me.......but we had to laugh when she tried to tell me how much i had grown, and told me I was "fat"!

irishlass317 said...
Thank you so much. Never give up hope. My godmother was the person i wrote this about, and she died about a month ago. I know that your loved one will be able to pull through it!!!

Lexie96 said...

I'm sitting there now and I think you captured what it's like perfectly. Great work, though sad, great.

Check out mine sometime?