Cold- Winter | Teen Ink

Cold- Winter

By JoyfulCheers SILVER, St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin
JoyfulCheers SILVER, St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin

smile at the world and it will smile back

The trees are whistling
The breeze is old
Fingers are numbing
As my heart is warm
Clear crystal droplets hitting the ground
Shattering into pieces
Making no sound
While white winter snow flacks frosting the trees
Forming a blanket
Trapping the heat

My nose as red as a cherry
Cold as a cube
Sneezing so violently
Going ah ah chew

I shivered and shake
Fighting the breeze
But nothing could work
Cause it was only below 34 degrees

I just came up with this for homework in language arts. It reminded me of winter and how cold it gets

so_joy SILVER said...
so_joy SILVER, Navesink, New Jersey

"Be the change you want to see."

Great job! I enjoyed the figurative language, and it was very well-written. You are very talented. Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! It would mean a lot.

on Oct. 31 2012 at 10:05 am
TraceBatWingsAndBrokenStrings DIAMOND, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

"This gun has stopped time in its tracks, has altered the course of our fate. Destiny is shattered and timeless. Closed eyes feel the cold winds embrace."
-Avenged Sevenfold

Intereting take on a poem. As always, the imagery is good, and I also like the use of other poetic devices, like the alliteration in the line "While white winter snow flakes". Good job, Erin :)

on Oct. 31 2012 at 10:05 am

-Avenged Sevenfold

marissadele PLATINUM, Danbury, Connecticut

"If you know how you feel, and so clearly what you need to say, you'll know it. I don't think you should wait. I think you should speak now." -Taylor Swift

I'm giving feedback! :D I like this poem, just reading it made me feel everything about winter. All the imagery and similes and author's craft you used made it sound so pretty....5/5 =)

Erin M. said...
on Oct. 15 2011 at 11:18 am
lol there is some typo and spelling mistakes, i typed this kinda fast, i would love for some people to comment and give feed back, if you do then thx