Scarlet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Scarlet hair a mess,
burning scarlet cheeks,
scarlet heart pounding,
scarlet blood running.
Standing in front of the mirror she could only see the flaws outlined in scarlet.
But what a beautiful soul she held in such a fragile frame.
An angel trapped in death's grasp.
Glimmering eyes that held so much promise sank into transparent skin.
A pearl darkened by the ones she dared to love.
Every day I see her growing weaker, brittle bones and distant gazes.
I feel as though she is long gone, a ghost slipping between my fingertips.

Larz2 said...

I think that you could have changed the word scarlet to something else but that's just me.

GREAT JOB! keep it up

clairexaudrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 16, 2011 at 5:11 pm :
The whole point is that she's a redhead and everything is that bright burning scarlet. Her hair, her cheeks, her blood. Everything is connected, and she dislikes it all. "The flaws outlined in scarlet." Each word was chosen for a purpose.

xxtennis13xx said...
Amazing. Incredible. I got chills reading this. I can't even think of words right now, it was that beautiful. The "untitled" title was perfect too. That was the reason I wanted to read it, the mysterious title and the intriguing photo

Oct. 10, 2011 at 3:46 pm :
Wow. Thank you so much. This was actually an assignment for my creative writing class, we had to describe a person and this is what I ended up writing. I'm glad you like it because it's personally one of my favorites. I think it's very powerful.