Robin Hood This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

[I am sure I love you –

I really am,]

The sunlight passed through the broad leaves,
Displaying an emerald refraction of
Strength, life, age; a slow, old growth that sounds
Like a steady, low music all through these
Wrinkled trees, and I can smell it,
Like coffee or a bruised onion;

the curling tree-spirits play on all my senses.

How could a place like this
ever need a king?

I could lace my legs in green,
And hide among the creepers in the trees
With watchful eyes and sharp ash glances.
I could rub the loam in my palms
And chase the deer, breathing like a fiend,
Blade in hand, through this
Whole
Beautiful
Glen.

When the lion returns, will he take this
from me?

[My shade of green]

LokelaniThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:53 am:
This is amazing. For some reason it makes me feel clean....

PaigeStreetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:23 pm :
Wow. That's awesome. 

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile said...
Mar. 13, 2012 at 6:43 pm:
ur imagery and diction is amazing :) I really loved it

Mar. 25, 2012 at 3:29 pm :
         thanks!

Kiki_McGee said...
Feb. 15, 2012 at 7:12 pm:
I feel as if I am sitting in the tree with Robin Hood by my side. Great imagery and word usage (you said loam! Are you into environmental science?).

Mar. 21, 2012 at 11:21 pm :
Thanks! I feel that way too! I am not specifically into Environmental Science, but loam is such a good word :)

MoraleAsh said...
This is really great! The imagery is really strong and makes the poem what it is.

Mar. 21, 2012 at 11:16 pm :
Thank you, MoraleAsh!

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:01 am:
You know how sometimes, but very rarely (especially on a site for just teens), when you read poetry it seems to just drip slowly and smoothly (and not to mention wondrously) into your mouth like thick, sweet honey? You never want it to end, and although it eventually does, it still keeps you thinking about its aftertaste afterwards. Well, this is one of those poems for me, and I'm definitely favoriting it. Unlike the others, I cannot choose what my favorite line is, because it is like choosing y... (more »)

Nov. 19, 2011 at 12:19 pm :
wow O.O thanks!!

Lexie96 said...

Love this... it's brilliant.

Check out my stuff sometime, please?

Kvothe28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow this was so good. "...a slow, old growth that sounds Like a steady low music." That was cool. This is going in my favorites. =)

Nov. 1, 2011 at 5:44 pm :
Cool, thanks! 

StrangeJadeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 19, 2011 at 8:43 am:
This is excellent! My favorite line is, "How could a place like this/ Ever need a king?" I've noticed that you're very good at balancing the metre and the flow of the words, which is not always easy to do in free verse. Bravo!

Oct. 19, 2011 at 10:04 pm :
Thank you, StrangeJade! Its great to know favorite lines, and that's probably my favorite too!