Just Acquaintance

You know me,
I know you,
But not well enough.
You’ve got your friends,
And I have my own.
You’ve got your thing,
And I have my own.
We’re different,
In every way that matters,
And in every way,
That doesn’t matter at all.
I like you,
And as days pass,
It feels more like an addiction,
An unhealthy obsession.
I want to see you every day,
And I dream about us every night.
But it pains me,
That we’re not even friends…

Sam_Dawn_RichiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 3:50 pm:
I can relate... you think you like this person, then you discover you don't. and good poem! im currently an "aquaintance" with a boy i like, and it is annoying. but if it's meant to be, i know it will fall together. thanks for sharing.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 3 at 2:42 pm:
We can all relate to this poem in one way or the other. We all think about that one person that gives us jitters. And yet they might not even know us at all. I like the playfulness of it. Even though it's serious. I like how you realize that it's almost become an unhealthy obession on your part. Most people wouldn't admit to that. 

CautionwetPaintThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like this because I can definitely relate to it :) nice job!

TheWordSmith said...

I think everyone can definitely relate to this poem! I would personally suggest using more intricate phrases and descriptive words to convey the emotion. 

I liked the part where you said, "It feels more like an addiction, an unhealthy obsession." I think that describes a crush perfectly ;) haha

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 14, 2011 at 9:48 am:
Well I thought this was kind of cute. I guess it's kind of hard to keep a crush without being friends first. :) But people do seem that way sometimes, and I love that I can really relate to this poem. Great job with this!