No Distance Is Too Far. | Teen Ink

No Distance Is Too Far.

By ManaMay GOLD, Port Huron, Michigan
ManaMay GOLD, Port Huron, Michigan

** We are heroes with a thousand faces**
*I swim for brighter days despite the absence of sun*

This is for every person who's lover is miles away, for whatever reason; serving our country, attending school, or just living further than simple driving distance. For all those phone calls late at night where you're telling each other about your day, wishing you could have been there to experience it with them. All those packages or letters you send and receive, so many that soon the lady at the post office will know you by name. For all those nights you yearn for their touch, they're warm embrace, just to feel their hand in yours would be a reward. You know that the complaining and the crying won't change a thing, you'll still be here and they will still be there. You know that no one told you it would be easy and you overlooked the ones who said you two were crazy, but that's what love does to you it makes you crazy. Friends don't understand; they complain about their significant other being away for a few days and you go months on end not knowing when you'll be able to hold them in your arms again. So here's to all of your strength, commitment, trust and love. No matter the amount of miles nothing can stand between true love. Have hope, because one day you will see them again and they'll make you happier than you have ever been in your entire life, you'll know it was worth the wait. Hold the memories in your heart when you can't hold their hand, both of you struggle, so help one another reassure each other that distance will only make your love grow stronger. Even limited days of being in their arms is worth the months of waiting, and when they leave you'll know it's not a "goodbye" it's just "see ya later."
Here's to all of you in long distances relationships it takes real trust, real commitment, and two strong lovers willing to go the distance, to all of you i praise you on your love. Times may be hard but they could always be worse hold on to your love, because you've found something people search their whole lives for and that alone should be enough. Here's to you.

This is for everyone who is in a long distance to know that their are people who can relate and I am one of them. please comment I would be pleased to talk to anyone about their relationships.

AngelOnTheATeam PLATINUM, Mountain Home, Arkansas

"No One Ever Gets To Know What Could Have Been."

Very well written and from the heart. I'm in a long-distance relationship. I know exactly what you mean. It's hard but you put on a brave face and try your hardest to get through it.