Darkest Secret

I'm still thinking,
About everything
You left me to deal with,
You dumped your problems
Onto me,
You told me not to tell anyone,
But I couldn't do it,

You told me you darkest secret
But it was too much,
To leave on my
Wimpy shoulders,
I cracked,
I fell,

I had to find a way out,
I hope you understand
I couldn't tell anyone,
Because you told me not to,
I trusted your friendship
And you trusted me,

But you need to know,
I stayed up
Every single night
Crying,
Because of this secret,
Because of your choice
I could've stopped you,
I tried,
But I failed,

And now you are,
Nowhere to be found,
And I know it's my fault,
I just can't help to think,
If you had told me
To talk about it
With somebody else,
Would this all be different?
Would you still be here?
And would I not feel
That it was me,
That it was my fault,
Because you told me,
You told me
Your darkest secret of all

Dudet95 said...
Jan. 14, 2012 at 10:21 am
-Tear-That's sad:" To be torn apart by a secret not your to tell is imparable, let alone to lose that person because you did not tell someone. Such sadness yet so beautifully written. Amazing job with this poem. Reading through it felt like I was watching a video of someones relationship falling apart at the seems because of one little secret he could not hold in. That's killer and I could not think of any better way to fraze this poem other than Perfect! :) Five stars

thefamoustapper said...
This is going on my favorites list! LOVE how you wrote this! great job

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Wow! Thanks so much! :)

TheWordSmith said...
Good job! I've never had to deal with a friend telling me her darkest secret, but I could relate because you described the experience very well.

Thanks! :)

Mystiecub said...

I agree with ItsAshMal

this is a really good poem; I wouldnt know what this is like, unable to keep in a secret, but it's so realistic and detailed that I could imagine it happening.

really good job :)

thank you :)

ItsAshMal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:46 am

The rambling nature of this seems to add to the confusion and despair of the author, pulling you in with her (or him?), which I really enjoyed. I love the stanza breaks, too, and all in all think this is a lovely poem.

One thing to watch out for is punctuation, and I also wonder if you could do something with the word "wimpy," which just seems a tad out of place. 

thank you :) and i see what you mean about ''wimpy''!

dark_armor1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
hmmm i like that the secret is a mystery. good job !

thank you :)

Saysh said...
i loved this! very relatable, i had almost the same thing happen to me in jr. high and it brought back alot of memories. amazing poem :)

thank you :)

dancemaniac said...
Aug. 25, 2011 at 5:43 am
very emotional...I loved this(: a bit choppy in spots but you make up for it with everything else! great job!!

Aug. 25, 2011 at 7:43 am
thank you! :)