Taking A Chance

Watching from the outside
Through the stain glass window
Alone.
His heart falls down
Like a man judged by God
Scared.
Believers are inside, their fingers
Tracing beads of mysteries
Faith.
Her prayers are like lightning bolts
Striking up into the clouds… God catching them
Desperation.
She asks for doves with branches
To encircle him… haloing his head
Hopefulness.
Please, Please, she thinks in her mind
Weeks pass by… he’s watching from the outside
Patience.
And then the church feels a rush of wind
As grand oak doors whoosh open
Breathe
He steps in touches blessed water
To his face… water collecting in her eyes.
Amen.

AbstractFragment This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I normally don't like religious peaces but this one I feel hits the nail on the head. I love how much power the single word lines carry. They are very heavy and they rest of the lines are nice and flowing which balance it out.

RayBaytheDinosaur said...
I love the meaning of this poem =) so many christians think that we can change people into believing what we do, but really, The holy spirits the only thing that can change someones heart, all we can do is give them information xD we're just the messengers from big guns upstairs, you know? lol

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this po, and it was so beautifully written. Keep up the great work! 5/5

Regs_the_Shorty said...
I pray everyday and this poem shows you that god does listen even when you think he doesn't. 5 stars

Regs_the_Shorty said...
THE RESULTS ARE UP sorry it took me so long! :)

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 5, 2011 at 7:43 am
I love the format; it does so well to add to the meaning of the poem. I honestly love how you put it together; powerful message and great writing. :)

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Beautiful, and vague, but poetry doesn't always have to make sense, and sometimes I think it's better if it doesn't :)

cowgirl4ever said...
Aug. 28, 2011 at 9:12 am
Well written! I didn't quite understand this poem, but I liked it.

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
It's about a man who is lost and doesn't know God and a woman who loves God and wants so badly for the lost man to let God into his life. The woman prays and prays for the man, and finally her prayers are answered. The man takes that chance and enters the church. His life will be forever changed because he has opened himself up to receiving Christ into his life! :)

cowgirl4everThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oh, that's neat!