Uniformity

My hair is brown.
Yours too.
My skin is ebony.
Yours too.
My body is petite.
Yours too.
My dress is plain.
Yours too.
My ribbon is black.
Yours too.
My boyfriend kisses me.
I mean, you.
Perhaps, he thought
That I was you...

CaptainFabulous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 12, 2011 at 6:18 am

Wow I really like this it is meaningful and to the point. Great Job

CautionwetPaint said...
I think this poem said a lot in a few words. nice job! :)

pixxielove said...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 7:54 am
good meaning

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 12:44 am

Woah , this was great!

I totally got into it , and it was just a small poem! Good work on the meaning of it , and I enjoyed the different ending. Love it !

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 7, 2011 at 2:50 am
Oh! I didn't get this until I read it a second time. I love the message behind it. You strung it in so subtly, but I think that made a very good effect. I completely agree with you. :)

Mystiecub said...
Sept. 3, 2011 at 8:33 am
Wow, this is kinda deep; I agree with the former comment in saying that the twist at the end was very interesting, I can't say much else. Great poem :)

ItsAshMal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 10:50 am
Lovely twist at the end! It really packs a punch. This almost felt like one of those songs little girls sing for jumprope or double dutch, until the end when it took a more mature turn

SunkistKisser said...
I really like this poem. The way it twists your brain around- especially at the end. Good job! :)

Harebelle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 28, 2011 at 7:17 am
Hmmm, very interesting! I like the way you presented your ideas in a simple way without hammering them into the reader.

FreedomIsMyVirtue replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 3:55 am
Thanks to both of you. I'm glad you like it... :)