The Sky

i am in love with
the sky.
i find its

deep blue expanse

sunset color streaks

graceful arcing clouds

amazing.
and every time i look at it,
pieces of it (chinks, and rounded glass)

lodge in my irises

shine there forever.

RedFeatherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:40 am:
Great poem! I <3 this poem, and I <3 the real sky as well. (There was an absolutely beautiful sunrise where i live this morning. The sky was a really vivid orange - like a tangerine or orange orange! It was gorgeous, I wish I had got some pics.)

TotheSeaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:26 pm :
I love it, too!  You know, sometimes I think to myself that I've seen a ton of beautiful days.  But each one seems to be new to me.  Thanks for reading.

glimmer said...

Great, great piece:)

The description was amazing:)

Keep it up!

Oct. 26, 2011 at 4:38 pm :
Thank you so much!

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this is beautiful!!!!!! I LOVE the sky! great job! :)(:

Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:55 am :
Thank you!  I love it too!  It's beautiful.

Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:56 am :
Not the poem, I mean.  The actual thing. (:

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:10 pm :
ha ha! keep writing! ur really good! :)(:

Oct. 29, 2011 at 2:04 pm :
I appreciate you commenting!

MaggieElaineThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Haha very good!! I loved it. :) Especially the ending 'lodge in my irises  shine there forever'

Oct. 7, 2011 at 6:00 am :
Thanks!  I really liked that too, not to sound conceited.  I love when phrases just pop into your head and you know you've just got to use them. (: