...Time

Sometimes
the minutes
feel like hours
the days like weeks
the months like years
the decades like milleniums.
Other times
the seconds
slip through your fingers like sand,
the clock hands spinning
a million miles per hour.
And you're left
standing in the dusk
wondering in the twilight
wondering
where it all went.

jasont727 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really insightful. It is odd to think how sometimes time can pass so slowly, and how it can sometimes pass way too fast. 

TotheSeaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 7, 2011 at 5:59 am :
Many thanks...those really were the thoughts going through my head when I wrote this.

Blue4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
How very true... I really liked this... short and to the point, yet you fully expressed your feelings and ideas. We both expressed pretty much the same concepts in our poems, what a coincidence!

Oct. 7, 2011 at 5:59 am :
I know!  And the same could be said of your poem also!  Thank you!