... In silence

In anger, agony, joy
or surprise,
I will sit with you,
in silence.

I can't make you laugh in pain
I can't make you happy in disdain.
But I can sit with you,
in silence.

I may not give you surprises
I may not remember dates.
But I can sit with you,
in silence.

I may not understand your ideas
I may not carry your perceptions.
But still, I can sit with you
in silence.

I will try to understand,
your emotions and your views.
But if I am not successful,
then please try to sit with me
IN SILENCE...

HardcoreCreatureThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 16, 2012 at 6:37 pm:
Silence... something I mastered as a young girl.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 10:12 am:
The power of silence, something I learned to know well and love as a small child. I'm delighted that you have the gift of being able to recognize its blessing as well. This poem made me very happy, for reasons that are hard for me to discern. I think it's something about letting the small problems between people go, and bowing down in unison to what is greater through silence. And I love that you can see that. I only wish there were more people in my life who could 'sit in silence.' Thank you fo... (more »)

A_shy_dove replied...
Aug. 23, 2011 at 8:24 am :
You just have an amazing quality of describing what you exactly feel. Actually its very important for me to sit in silence with myself, and understand myself in a better way. Furthermore, its more important to give an idea to your friend or a companion that you can always stand with him/her. Just being there is much much more important than preaching what was good and what was not. Gosh!! I speak(ahem! write )too much... I am very happy that you liked it and happier to know that there some ... (more »)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 26, 2011 at 6:19 pm :
Your happiness is radiant, and I cannot help but be happy myself. :)